ISO 27001 Information Security for hospitals: The benefits of implementation
We have examined why it can be envisioned that ISO 27001 standardization would help hospitals, but exactly what benefits and Return on Investment (ROI) could be expected?
- Clear communication of security requirements to third parties and scheduled periodic reviews of compliance with such requirements.
- Volume of data maintenance can be reduced – when classification of data is done redundant data can be eliminated.
- Availability of a security policy and regulations make it easier to resolve security incidents.
- A rise in the number of customers by maintaining the customer information confidentially.
- Improve employee ethics and strengthen the notion of confidentiality throughout the workplace.
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk.
- Allows you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations.
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Allows for secure exchange of information.
- Public demonstration.