ISO 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems for hospitals:
The benefits of implementation
We have examined why it can be envisioned that ISO 18001 standardization
would help hospitals, but exactly what benefits and Return on Investment (ROI)
could be expected?
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public.
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Ensures health and well‐being of employees, sub‐contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather
than reactive controls
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and meet
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards
- Improves the incident investigation process
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process