ISO 14001 Environmental Management System for hospitals: The benefits of implementation
We have examined why it can be envisioned that ISO 14001 standardization would help hospitals, but exactly what benefits and Return on Investment(ROI) could be expected?
- Identify, understand and monitor the environmental impacts of your activities and the risks involved.
- Be aware of the organization’s direct environmental impact, as well as indirect impact through you suppliers
- Implement necessary controls in order to manage all factors impacting the environment.
- Establish an environmental policy and objectives
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and meet
- Continually improve your management system.
- Improve your resource management, including use of energy, which also may imply a reduction in the cost of running your operations.
- Facilitate reductions in pollution, waste generation, chemical handling and unintended discharges to the environment.
- Enhance your environmental performance over time.